Monday, March 30, 2009

General Conference


Guess what everybody! I'm singing at General Conference this weekend! I haven't told many people about it because of the constant threat of being kicked out of the choir due to attendance, but if you've been paying attention to the upcoming performances listed on my blog, you probably figured it out by now. There has always been a constant threat of being kicked out of the choir by missing just one rehearsal. Now that there's only one more rehearsal left, I think it's safe to announce that I'll be singing this weekend.

So make sure to watch for me during the Saturday afternoon session. I feel really lucky to be singing at this session, as it's my favorite session all year (the one where they read the church statistics and sustain a whole bunch of new officers--including, most likely, the new apostle this Saturday).

I've got even better news! The church is giving everyone in the choir one single, solitary ticket to the session for a friend/family member. If one of you independent individuals would like to attend the session and silently cheer me on, let me know. :-) If you let me know before Wednesday night, I might even be able to get you a parking pass for the parking lot underneath the conference center--no guarantee, though. Hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Yea! I am glad you made it to all of your rehearsals ...we will be watching for you!!

Shayla said...

you will LOVE singing in conference. It's an amazing experience. :)