Friday, March 20, 2009

Mr. Personality

So I spent the last couple days sitting through a seminar at work. We talked about where we fit on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and how that can affect our relationships. Then we spent the rest of the time talking about effective communication skills--especially in situations where there is conflict.

Turns out my personality is ESTP. You can find out what each letter means by doing a google search on Myers Briggs Types (and might even be able to take the test to see what you are). According to the info in my seminar and wikipedia, it means that I'm spontaneous, easy going, outgoing, charming, witty, fun, generous, observant, socially sophisticated, resourceful, a troubleshooter, unpredictable, action oriented, clever, "most adept among the types at manipulating other people," and one who "sees life as it is." Other ESTPs include Winston Churchill, Eddie Murphy, John Wayne, James Bond, and Heathcliff.

While I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply 100% to me exactly, I think it's fun to look at. Plus, it justifies why I have such a messy desk--the piles represent my "to do list." Do any of you know your Myers-Briggs type?

2 comments:

Shayla said...

I think those items all describe you! But does it ever make you wonder if they just find a bunch of awesome sounding words and draw them out of a hat? :) Sometimes I wonder that when I read those things about myself...not that I'm NOT all those wonderful things, 'cause I am... :)

Shahani Gazmin said...

I took MBTI when I was in the Psychology Program. The whole class took it twice to strengthen the reliability of the result. I am an ENFJ,even with the second result. I was the only ENFJ in the whole College Program, that's why they chose to study ME, and even got paid for it:)
So,we are totally opposite!:)