Monday, March 9, 2009

Frog and Toad the musical


My best friend and I got to relive some of our childhood this weekend when we saw a stage production of Frog and Toad at the SCERA Theater in Orem. I loved reading the books when I was a kid. They had little conflict and represented true friendship very well. I was excited to see that there is a musical based on the stories, and so was my friend, so we went. It turned out to be surprisingly fun. The music was fun and the main characters were extremely talented. I think the show closes this weekend, so get your tickets fast.

I think it was appropriate that I went with my best friend since childhood. It was as if we saw ourselves on the stage telling scary stories, baking cookies, swimming, and sledding. There's something special about having a friendship where everything you do seems like an adventure. Here's to you, Chism!

3 comments:

Shayla said...

oh I LOVED those books!

Chism said...

"That's what friends are for..."

Too many memories, too little time!

Larissa said...

I feel so ultimately cool because I knew this whole blog entry before you actually blogged it. Yeah, that's right, we tight dawg!