Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Real Men...


I was driving down the road the other day and I saw a billboard that says "Real Men Wear Gowns" (in reference to hospital gowns). To that I say, what the heck? Are you not manly unless you're sick? Or are they encouraging lengthy hospital stays due to accidents? Whatever the intended message was, I didn't get it. It inspired me to do a google search to see what else defines a "real man." Here's some of the things I found.

Real men cook
Real men go green
Real men exfoliate
Real men wear pink
Real men blog in aprons
Real men moisturize
Real men don't eat turtle eggs
Real men do cry
Real men knit
Real men stay home
Real men love cats
Real men do yoga
Real men eat gardenburger
Real men carry purses

I don't know about you, but that sounds like women to me. If this is what it takes to be a "real man," I don't want to be a real man.

I think the real issue is that women are trying to define what they think they want men to be. But do they really want that? My experience has taught me that you should NEVER believe a woman when she tells you what she wants. Let's face it: they don't want sensitive metrosexuals who cook and clean and have softer skin than their own. Women don't want "real men." If you do one of these "real men" things, you're in trouble already. If you do more than that, you'll never be with a real woman.

My point is that you should never believe a woman when she says she wants something in a man.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Hmmm....sounds to me, based on your writings and logic, that Women don't want a "real man," they want another woman...