Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fair Weather Fan


In college sports, I've always said that I root for both BYU and Utah except when they play each other. The truth is, I really don't care who wins most games, but when there's a home team to root for, it's fun to side with them. So last night when I went to the BYU vs. Utah basketball game, I found myself in a little dilemma: who do I root for?

I ended up rooting for both teams (at the risk of being beaten up by everyone around me), and had a really fun time doing so--especially since it was a close game from start to finish. It was really fun to celebrate every basket that was made, and to boo at every foul. But I'm curious now to see how many of my blog readers would root for BYU vs. Utah. So I decided to set up a poll. Let me know if your blood is red or blue. Also, if you want, let me know how you would have reacted if you'd been sitting next to me at the game.

1 comment:

David said...

I'm still not entirely accustomed to this whole school rivalry thing. That sort of thing just didn't happen where I grew up. Unless you were an Oilers hockey fan in Calgary or a Flames fan in Edmonton. Then, you'd better watch out.
I'd say I bleed blue, since I usually cheer for BYU and have been to the U thrice (and one of those times I broke my finger). However, I've never felt I entirely fit in at BYU. So, I don't know.
Go Flames!