Saturday, February 28, 2009

Over-scheduled?

A friend made a comment this week about how I over-schedule myself. For those of you who aren't aware, I'm busy 98% of my time or more. Between ward activities, my calling, improv comedy, tap dancing, Institute, dating, and other social activities, I'm pretty lucky to spend more than an hour at home most days before going to bed--and I never get to bed before midnight anymore. But I don't see anything wrong with that. I've always been of the opinion that it's the extra things I've done that have brought me the most joy. Plus I'm not often stressed out anymore. There are times when one thing requires a sacrifice from one of the others (such as a mandatory meeting/rehearsal or a performance), but it seems like everything makes room for everything else.

Friends have been trying to convince me for a while to get a Facebook account. But among several reasons I've chosen not to get an account, time is one of the most prominent. They say it just takes 10 minutes to check it, but that 10 minutes is valuable rare time I'd rather not spend online. Besides, I'm not hurting on the social networking side of things (I love my social life, and I meet new people every week). Am I really missing out?

No, I don't think I'm over-scheduled. I've got myself scheduled just enough to suit what I want to be doing right now. Oh, and for those of you wondering when I'm going to be in another musical? Not anytime soon...I've got other things I'm involved with right now. :)

No comments: