Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Breaking and Entering


Last night I got out of a meeting early and realized I had a little time to kill before going to improv. My mind started wandering, and I remembered my friend, thinking, "I wonder how he's doing right now." Just then, he called me. He had locked himself out of his car in Provo and was wondering if I could bring his spare key to him. I agreed, and proceeded to his house to get his spare key.

After wandering around his neighborhood, I finally identified which house was his. I opened the garage door with his key code and went in. However, the door from his garage was locked too. I called my friend back and he was way confused, since they "never" lock that door. He told me he would have to call his roommate to see what other options we had.

A minute later he calls back and asks, "Do you have a credit card?" I couldn't believe it! That was his ingenious solution--just break into the house. So here I am, jiggling the door knob, shoving my credit card into the door, and slamming my body against the door. I was sure that anyone would have known just by glancing at me that I was trying to break into the house, so I kept looking behind me to make sure I hadn't been spotted. After a few minutes, the door opened! I can't believe it--I totally carded the door!

I eventually found his room and the spare key, and was able to deliver it to him. But now I can add one more skill to my resume--breaking in!

1 comment:

LindaSo said...

It's always good to have a fall back option if your day job doesn't work out.