Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Summer European Tour: Germany

On to Germany! Our first German stop was the Wieskirche. It was a fun little stop.
On to Neuschwanstein Castle! On the way, I started to see how the Grimm Brothers were so inspired to write fairy tale after fairy tale. In fact, I started wondering myself how many trolls lived in the many forests that surrounded Bavaria.



I took this picture of the bridge from Neuschwanstein Castle. Then I made my way over to the bridge to get a good shot of the castle and surrounding area.


Soon I started climbing the mountain opposite the castle, to see how high I could go.

Our other stop in Germany was Mt. Kehlstein, where the Eagle's Nest sits. Nicknamed "Hitler's Teahouse," this building was meant for a 50th birthday present to Hitler, designed as a vacation spot and place for him to entertain guests. The building is at the very top of a really really steep mountain. One wrong move, and it's very likely you could roll all the way to the bottom of the mountain before stopping.



Conclusion: I love Germany!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Yeah, Germany freaking rocks!