Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sticky note prank

My birthday was about 2 weeks ago. I don't announce my birthday to people; I don't see the need. It's just another day to me, and has been for years. Besides, if someone doesn't know when my birthday is, I don't have to feel bad when they either don't remember, or don't treat me any differently. Imagine my surprise when I left for work on my birthday, only to be stopped in the parking lot. Apparently someone knew when my birthday was, and wanted to make sure I celebrated it - with Post-It notes.

That's right - sticky notes all over the car! Quite a good prank if you ask me. I thought it was a work of art.


About an hour and a half later, I finally showed up to the office. I only worked half a day that day, because of a trip I had planned to go down to Cedar City (yes, on my birthday) for an improv festival. I had an enjoyable weekend. When I came home, I had a second surprise:

About 30 gallons later, I was finally able to go to bed. So to the person who left these birthday presents for me: watch your back. I know who you are and am waiting for the perfect time to strike back! To everyone else: I'm open for ideas.

3 comments:

Katie Robertson said...

Bahahaha, I was invited but I didn't know WHO they were doing it to or why. Happy birthday! Hahaha. PS, I didn't go, so no revenge. I would just shred a ton of paper and trash the offenders room with it. Someone did that to me a couple years ago and I'm still finding stupid little pieces of paper.

Rachelle said...

Wow. Someone put A LOT of time into that! Very clever and it is definitely a work of art. :)

Anonymous said...

That's insanely awesome!!! Revenge..... take all their bedroom furniture out on the lawn! (quickly before it snows)