Thursday, March 5, 2009

What do we have for him, Johnny?


IT'S A NEW CAR! This 1999 Honda Civic coupe comes complete with side airbags, 130horse power, and only 97000 miles. Its manual transmission and sunroom make this a fun ride. And this car can be yours if the price is right!

I bought a new car yesterday. During my lunch break I started noticing some electrical problems in the White Dragon (lovingly named for the burning oil smoking out of the hood). Last time I had these electrical symptoms, my alternator died within about 10-20 miles. Add electrical problems to my burning oil, major oil leak, bald tires, dead break light bulb (in the back window), timing belt that needs replacing, check engine light, and who knows what other problems the White Dragon had. I decided I shouldn't waste any more time in that car, so I took the rest of the day off to go car shopping.

So a few car lots and test drives later, I found myself negotiating a price on this Honda Civic. I can't explain how I did it, but I was able to negotiate the price down $4000 from their original asking price! So I feel good knowing that I'm not the sucker they originally took me for.

Yes, the car is a 2-door, which is one of the reasons I don't plan on driving it for years to come. But the bright side is that I don't have to worry as much that my car won't live through my next commute. Plus, people will be less inclined to pressure me into driving when it's time to carpool. :)

7 comments:

Don said...

Hey! Congrats on the new car! That's awesome!

Don said...

BTW... I totally agree with you regarding 2-door car pools. Why do you think mine car is a 2-door?

Chism said...

Congrats... now move onto the showcase showdown for a Cruise!

Shayla said...

CONGRATS!!!

Shayla said...

p.s. YES we'll have to go skiing! It's only $7 on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights on the bunny hill at Snowbird. Wednesday was a great day 'cause there was NOBODY on the hill. Let's do it!

Larissa said...

WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME THIS EXCITING NEWS?!?!?!?!?!?!
Congratulations!!!
I am totally going to ask you for a ride next time a carpool opportunity pops up.

Larissa said...

oh yeah...and COMMUTE?!?! What commute?