Saturday, May 23, 2009

Old Memory

An old memory recently emerged from the recesses of my brain:

I must have been somewhere between the ages of 4 and 6. I had been over to my friend's house, and we'd had a fight. I remember that we were both biting down on each others' thumbs as hard as we could. I went home crying because it hurt so much. I don't know how long I'd been sulking--probably only a few minutes--when the phone rang. I picked it up, assuming it was my friend, and rudely said "What do YOU want?" The reply was was something like "How did you know it was me?" I recognized my grandmother's voice immediately, and was embarrassed.

I miss my grandma. She died 6 years ago today. In addition to helping to teach me phone manners, she spent a ton of time teaching me to play the piano. I love my grandma!

No comments: